Monday, January 20, 2014

Cayden's First Day of Pre-K

Today was Cayden's first day at school. He woke up this morning, later than usual, thank goodness, but was roaring to go! In fact - he traipsed down the hall in just his pajama shirt. He had underwear and a t-shirt in hand. 

All weekend he has been talking about going to school. What a relief it is for him to be excited to go. Moving down here, I was worried about a few things, school being one. Not that it would be a bad school - It's wonderful! But that he wouldn't like going, and that I would be really anxious about it. I haven't been at all. Prayer goes a long way!






We arrived at school, and I took him to his classroom. I wish you could see the school. It's open-air. The classroom are inside, but the stairs and everything are open, it's really neat. We said "Hi" to his teachers and he immediately went and started playing with stuff. Great! I said "good bye" and "I'll be back later." It didn't phase him. 

After turning in paperwork, one of the workers asked me if I was staying for Adaptation. Um, no, I'm a supposed to? So I went back to Cayden's class and asked the teacher. Her response was more of a surprise - "For Cayden?" she asked. "If he was crying I would say yes, but he's fine."  Yes, he was. 




I love the packet they send home with the daily report. He's in a K2 room right now because they thought he was a little young for the K3. He seems to like it and he ate all of his food! He doesn't do that at home! The big change is that he will be going five days a week! Only half-days. I know he will love it and it will be a great transition to school down the road!

No comments :

Post a Comment