Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cayden is 2.5 Years Old

It's hard for me to do "monthly" updates on Cayden. I guess once they reach a year, the updates get fewer and farther in between. Today is the day that he turns 2.5, so I made it my goal to post on the actual day. Now, if I give Beckham the same gusto, we'll be cooking with gas!

Cayden has become such a funny character lately. His vocabulary and speech have improved significantly and the oddest things will come out of his mouth. Since the move to Brazil, he asks to go to people's house on a daily basis. "NeNe's House" "Mills House" "Play Mill" "Go to Cayden's old house" 
I know this is so confusing and such a hard thing for me to explain and for him to understand. So I tell him that they all live far away and we can't go today. There is a pool here, so that helps his homesickness. :o)



Where's Cayden? I guess hiding in a suitcase full of clothes passes the time. He also hides in the closet.


One really great thing that is starting to happen around here, Cayden is really starting to want to play with Beckham. Beckham has always loved any interaction from Cayden, but just recently Cayden has started to say, "Play with Beck." 







"Cheese me, Momma!" We've been here a week, and already the playground is part of the routine. I don't mind really. It's here, the weather is nice, why not! 
He likes it pretty well, although there are never any kids there at the same timer to play. He misses Mills quite a bit. 


We've told Cayden that he is going to start going to a new school with a different teacher than Miss Kay, and he seems excited about it. We have a meeting to fill out paperwork and for Cayden to see it on Thursday, but I think he will enjoy going. I know I will. 

Cayden Likes: Fruit snacks, playing with the broom, having people chase him, playing with Beckham, orange juice, the pool, Phinneas and Ferb, clean underwear (more on that), sweets

Dislikes: eating large quantities of food, doing what you tell him to, sharing.

A few Cayden stories:

Cayden loves his Lightning McQueen and Tow-Mater underwear. If he is not wearing them, he's on the prowl trying to find them. Most of the time there is at least one pair clean, however if there are multiple pairs clean, there is trouble. He likes to do a quick change. He sees one, wears it for awhile, sees another, drops his drawers, and is ready for a new pair. UGH. Today, he did this about 5 times. I am certain I asked him, "Where are your underwear?" or "Why are you not wearing underwear?" quite a few times today. 

We went to the pool today. When we got back, we changed Cayden's clothes first, and then I proceeded to change Beckham's clothes in our room. Cayden was messing around in our bathroom, being a little too quiet. Not a good sign. I walked in to find him sitting on the floor, a Clinique foundation bottle in hand, lid tossed to the side, and a nice coating of Alabaster tint on his mouth. He had decided it looked tasty, and went in for a sample. Geez. 

He's pretty sneaking. When left alone, he has gone into the refrigerator and pulled out the eggs and taken them out of the box. He's taken all the lightbulbs from their boxes in the laundry room. There was a bag of black beans on the couch today. Let's see, what else?


He's definitely trying my patience and giving me a run for my money, each and every day, but he's 2.5, this is normal right. And darn it, if I don't love him. He wants to be Mr. Independent but still wants you around to watch him. He can listen when he wants to, and has started reading books to himself. He's quite good at The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 

Some days are hard, and I pray for patience and to see the joy, when it's hard to see behind foundation covered lips, and thankfully I can see it. 

Cayden Rhys we love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment