Monday, July 22, 2013

Cayden's ParTaaay

We had Cayden's 2nd birthday party this past weekend. We had chosen not to have it on his actual birthday because it was too soon after Beckham had arrived. I wanted to enjoy the party and not be seated in the corner unable to move, or unwilling to move. 

I really didn't have a plan so much this year. I had found a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake on Pinterest, and also some invitations to match on Etsy. That was about as far as I had gotten. A few days before the party, a friend had mentioned balloons, and I thought, oh yes, that will cover me in the decorating department. I'll just scatter them about and be done. This laid back attitude proved to be a stroke of genius. 


Here is a snapshot of the balloons. I also cut out some Mickey Mouse silhouettes for added flair. 

Here is the birthday boy. All dressed up and playing shy while his guests arrive.



Rick's did a great job on the cake. Here is the original, and this is their version. I could have had it done exactly with the fondant and all, but I really don't like fondant. And I'm kind of cheap. 





 We sang Happy Birthday to him. He wasn't a fan. 

 Heath assisting with the candles. He had a fear that there would be a hand print in the cake or a glob of spit if we let Cayden do it himself. 

 "Chock" "Cake" 
 He began screaming (probably induced by the butter cream frosting) and Millie LOVED it!



The last photos are of Mills and Cayden. Hanging out, as if they are actually sharing the toys. It's just cute to see them together!







Heath had the task of picking up the balloons. I told him there were 20. I just didn't realize how big some of them were. Like this GIANT two! or the giant Mickey Mouse head. I got a text that said I owed him for picking them up. HA!

Cayden's birthday was a huge success. Those balloons provided endless entertainment, as well as party decor. Everyone had a good time, and it was nice for everyone to help us celebrate this crazy kid!

No comments :

Post a Comment