Saturday, September 10, 2011

The House

I have been promising to post pictures of the house for awhile. Up until the last few days there really hasn't been much to see. Oh, there has been progress, but it was just hard to tell in pictures. They took awhile to prime the cabinets, and sand them, and that just doesn't translate into photo opportunities. Finally some work was finished that we are excited and happy to show off!


These lights, in my opinion, were one of the best choices we made when picking out stuff. They are big, and they look great! I love our house because it's not like all the other houses in the neighborhood...it has a English cottage feel to it. I am in love!



Obviously our kitchen. We had the island stained to match the hardwood floors, and it goes so well with the granite. Like many things in our house, the granite is one that you don't see too often. The store just got it in, and they usually only see it every 5-6 years.



Other view of the kitchen...in this one you can see the pendant lights. Most of the lights in our house are clear glass. I like the industrial feeling of seeing the light bulbs.



Here is Cayden's room. Only one wall is the navy color, the other three are the bluish gray. It turned out really well. I am so excited to actually be able to decorate a nursery. Finally, after almost three months Cayden will have his own room, and we will have a place to put all of his stuff.

Speaking of Cayden....

This outfit was the very first thing I ever bought for him. I love the leggings/leg warmers, whatever you want to call them, they are cute, and he actually likes them. I am in the midst of ordering some more!

1 comment :

  1. Hey, since you are crafty and like these leggings...there is a really simple way to make them yourself out of knee high socks (I've found some pretty cute ones at Target for $2)...sewing machine needed but if you are interested hit me up on FB. Oh and adorable!! And lovely house too....how exciting.

    ReplyDelete