Thursday, September 1, 2011

7 Weeks

My friend Kristin has a super cute little girl named Camilla. Camilla is eight days older than Cayden. For the past few weeks we have scheduled "play dates" with each other. Up until today each time we got together our kids ate or slept. Real exciting stuff, but at least the moms got to hang out, chat, and not feel pressure to go to a place where our kids would inevitably cry. Anyway, today we had another play date, and our children decided to wake up and check things out.

Aren't they cute? Even at this age, you can tell...Future BFF's.


This is Cayden working on his pick-up lines. I believe he is saying, "Do you know the way to the gym?"


Heath's work picnic was this past Saturday. My only fear for Cayden was the heat, but he did really well. We were able to stay and hang out for a couple of hours, until he did begin to get a little warm. He was a big hit...everyone loves him. Can you blame them?

I love this outfit. It reminds me so much of Heath.


We spend a good amount of our day "talking" to each other. Much of it is one-sided, but he will flash that smile, and my heart melts.



Don't be mistaken...this is not a happy face. He was definitely over bath time. He wanted to be dry, and in a clean onesie.


Seven weeks have marked a few new items:

* He can coo and ooh, and aah. It is one of the greatest sounds. Sometimes I will ooh and coo at him, and I swear, he mimics me. He's advanced.

*I have a feeling he will be an early crawler. When we have tummy time, he can move. Watch out!

* He let me read him a book today. Twice. Usually he screams. Today he looked at the pictures.

* I'm pretty sure he is up to 12 pounds. Milk is good for the body, huh? I weighed myself, and then picked up Cayden and weighed again...12 pound difference.


House Update:

Painting is going on. Yippee! So far they have primed the cabinets and trim, and are working on staining the bookshelves, door, etc. Finally we are getting down to the nitty gritty. We are getting to see our choices come to life. I will post pictures next week.











No comments :

Post a Comment