Thursday, September 8, 2011

8 Weeks

This week has been a fun. Heath has finally gone on paternity leave for two weeks! This means there is someone here to help me with Cayden, and to help with the housework. Let's face it...It's one or another in my world, and I usually go with the kid. Honestly, it's just been nice to have an adult to talk to as well.

With all the extra help rolling around, Heath and I decided to start "sleep training" Cayden, or for those in the know....CIO (Cry it Out). Are we horrible parents for letting our son cry? I don't think so. Here was our dilemma: As mentioned before, we would walk Cayden to sleep. For naps, at night...we were walking. Plus, I go back to work in a few weeks, and you really don't want to babysit a kid who needs to pace the floor. We knew that as soon as we just started putting him to bed...he would cry. I am extremely vulnerable to his cries, so I needed a plan of action! The first night he cried for 45 minutes (horrible), BUT we did go in and pick him up and soothe him every 15 minutes. Finally he went to sleep for.....SIX HOURS! It was a miracle! The next day for naps the longest he cried was 10 minutes, once, and the rest of the time it was minimal.


This is what we look at when he sleeps. The next night he cried for 8 minutes and slept for 7 1/2 hours....it was heaven. The third night he went back to waking every 3 hours, but I think he tummy was hurting. We'll see how it goes tonight!



This is not a cry...no no....it's happy tears for the big win! Who am I kidding? He didn't appreciate being propped up on that pillow.


Another Razorback outfit...from this angle his legs look soooo long!


We have our two month doctor appt. on the 15th. While I am looking forward to knowing his stats, I am NOT looking forward to the shots. I have heard things...bad things. Thank goodness Heath will be with me..I may have to leave the room.

The time I have with Cayden is dwindling quickly. I am on the fence about leaving him. I would love to stay home, but I love teaching. The good thing is that my cousin is watching over him, so I know he is in good hands.


The House: It is looking good! They finished painting this week, and it looks like an entirely different place. We are getting down to the finishing details. Everyday I want to go out and visit it...I can't tell you how excited I am to leave this apartment. If anyone can help it...they should never go from living in a house, to an apartment. It plays tricks on your mind! I could make a list of things I will NOT miss..but it would be too long.


Let's leave on a happy note: Cayden's room is our favorite. I will definitely be posting pictures soon!








1 comment :

  1. I don't think you are horrible parents for letting your baby cry-I let both of mine and with better luck the second time around (I think we were all a little more relaxed ha ha) but be prepared, there might be hangups...growth spurts, teeth, separation anxiety whatever...if Aubrey (15mths now and hasn't done so in a long time) wakes up crying in the middle of the night-I rarely go in and she goes right back to sleep...of course you know the urgent cries(I don't ignore those). And silly as they may seem....invest in a crib tent...Savannah crawled out of her crib at about 20mths and we just now(she's almost 4) got her to stay in her bed-still a work in progress though! He is such a doll by the way!!

    ReplyDelete