Friday, September 16, 2011

2 Months: Shots (Photos and Needles)

I have been begging my mom to find a baby picture of me. Ever since Cayden was born, all I have heard is WOW, he has your mouth and chin! Thanks, I think? Finally she found some pictures and sent them to me. Hmmm...do you think there is a similarity?




I think we definitely have the blank stare down. Obviously he is my offspring, but I also love that he has parts of Heath too. I think now he is starting to look more and more like Heath. We have reached the two month mark and Cayden is growing. I took a couple of different pictures. I thought it would be funny to see him in the same outfit as was featured in the one month shot. It was a snug fit, but I got him in it and snapped a few!


The two month mark has brought about a lot of changes. We are still working on sleeping, and really it isn't too bad. He averages about 4-5 hours at a time, and he naps really well during the day. He likes his baths, except for the drying off part...I'm not sure why he gets upset during this time? Maybe he's cold, maybe he knows he's about to be shipped off to bed? He is also starting to reach out and grab at stuff. It's not super fast, and you can tell he is really having to think about it, but it is so cute! He is in size 1 diapers, but Heath thinks it will be 2's in the near future...I don't think so. He is still wearing 0-3 month clothes, except for Gerber. Those things are SNUG, and short. I bought his first pair of jeans today. He probably won't wear them much just because they aren't great for changing diapers, BUT they will look great for family pictures!



With the two month mark also came shots. Ugh. I have been really dreading this. About a month ago he cried and a tear came out and it about broke my heart, so I knew this was going to be rough. He did really well during the whole doctor visit while we asked questions. He came in at 13lbs 2 ounces (80th percentile)...Anyone surprised? I mean, we call him Tank. He is 23 1/2 inches long (75th percentile). And that giant head I thought he had at birth (trust me, it was huge) is now measuring in at 15 3/4 inches and the 50th percentile. Speaking of heads, he also has a flat spot that we are working on correcting. Now for naps we try to put him on his side, and we have flipped his direction on the changing table.



Back to the shots: When I saw the needles come out, I backed up and let Heath take the lead. The first shot he screamed, his face went beet red, and he held his breath, so Heath had to blow in his face so he would breathe. UGH. Finally it was over! I did well...I didn't cry. Lord knows I wanted to. By the time we got out to the car, and down the road a bit...he calmed down. With the Eagles playing in the background, he uttered a few coo's. I knew he was going to be okay. He slept a little more yesterday, and we probably went a few steps back with our sleep training, because we cuddled him and snuggled with him a whole bunch! Oh well. It was worth it.

Poor thing. He wasn't crying here because of his shots...but it definitely adds to the drama..

On another note I ordered a new diaper bag. I wanted one that was floppy, and that didn't really scream diaper bag! It's washable, reversible, and has a lot of pockets! I love it! I will probably buy another one in the future!

Dear Cayden~

It is so hard for us to believe that you have been with us for two whole months! There are so many things that we want to remember about you at this age: We love how you smile and talk and squeal when you wake up from a nap. We love to give you kisses any time we hold you. Every thing you do, somehow it is cute and adorable...even the crying. We love watching you learn new things, and we can't wait to see how much you grow, change, and learn in the next month! Thank you for being a blessing to us! We love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment