Monday, February 21, 2011

It sits on the Entertainment Center...

What you may ask? Only the DVD and pictures of our baby. You know the ones....the ones that show what we are having!! But I am a VERY patient woman (being a teacher helps) and I REALLY want to be surprised. What is better in this situation: finding out what your baby will be with your husband and the ultrasound tech OR waiting a few days, and enjoying the surprise with all of your family, friends, and CAKE! I think you would choose the second too!

Recap of the Doctor's Appointment: It never fails that the day my bladder has to be full for the ultrasound, is the day that they are running behind and we have to wait the longest. Finally the big moment came...Into the room we walked, and began explaining our situation. No matter how many times I think people are familiar with the whole Reveal Party process, we always come across someone who seems genuinely excited about this idea. The tech, Tiffany, was really great and sure not to let us know what it was. We did get to see it's profile, arms, spine, heart beat, and face. Everything seemed to be on track, measuring a few days early, but all the parts were in the right place.

2nd appt: Meeting with the doctor. This was the first time that they measured my stomach. No matter how fat or skinny you are, sometimes the greatest phrase can be, "Your stomach is measuring small." Nice. It made me feel good. Yes, I am that shallow.

Symptom Update:

Weight: It's official. I've gained 2 pounds. They gave me the low down on proper diet/eating habits while pregnant. Apparently (and this is a total shock) one TUBE of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies is NOT one serving. Really, it's only two or three cookies. Too bad I already purchased three boxes...hmmm.

Lil' C is coming in at 11 oz. I compare it to a can of coke.

Food: I really like Panera. Greek salad and French onion soup to be exact. It is sooooo yummy. I also have a new love for Greek yogurt. Maybe I am Greek?

Sorry for the lengthy post...I knew all of you would want to read my rambling thoughts!

No comments :

Post a Comment