Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Beckham Connor - 9 months

Beckham Connor has reached the ripe old age of 9 months. I love getting to spend some one on one time with him during the day. Not that we do anything special or spectacular, but it's just nice to play and go about things at our own pace. Plus, he takes a morning nap, so that means I get a little "me" time in as well.



I set the timer on my camera for a shot of the two of us. I cropped my head, but that's okay. There's a movement on social media called #embracethecamera. Basically it encourages moms to step out from behind the lens and get in the shots too, so that your kids will have pictures of you later in life. I'm sure this will be a treasured photo. (sarcasm)


Beckham's Info:

Eating: He nurses every 3-4 hours.... during the day. He is also been nursing 2-3 times at night. GAH. I know. I have no words for why I let this continue, other than it's easier. It's easier to nurse him and go right back to sleep. I should be ashamed but, I deal with the reality of this horrible habit later. 
~ He eats baby food really well, most of the time. I've made pears, carrots, and such. I need to start chunking up stuff. I tried to feed him a steamed carrot today, and that we over like a lead brick. He basically gagged until he threw up. Nice, right? Now the kicker is, that he will eat carpet fuzz with no problem. Weirdo. 

Sleeping: See above. He's a pretty good napper. We do have some days where he thinks 20 minutes is good enough. But those are few and far between. 

Stats: He's 22 pounds of pure meat. He's big. At least 26+ inches. Pulls up on everything, and then he acts like he will stand up in the middle of the room, but doesn't. He wears size 4 diapers. Clothing ranges. Apparently I sold most of the 12 month stuff of Cayden's, so we've put him in a few 18 month items. Realistically, he wears 12 month. 




 In the last two pictures, he was enjoying tossing the sticker over the side of the chair, and then waiting for me to pick it back up. stinker. 


One Month:
 Two Month:
 Three Month:
 Four Month:
 Five Months:
 Seven Months:
 Eight Months:
 Nine Months:

We're pretty sure he says Mama, and I'm certain I heard Dada the other day. He likes to mimic Cayden's sounds. He was making Lalalala sounds earlier today too. 

I've started mentally preparing for his first birthday. We will be back in the US, so that makes it a little easier. I will have to take into consideration his allergies, as far as a smash cake goes, and that we went a little overboard for Cayden's 1st. Not that we should compare, but we want to be fair. 

Oh Beckham, 
Your laugh is contagious, and that smile definitely wins the hearts of everyone you meet. It's hard to believe that you will be a year old in just a few short months. You love Cayden so much, and you've even started your own version of wrestling. Unfortunately this often involves hair pulling and biting, but you can tell you love it. Ha! You complete our family so perfectly, little man. 

Love, 
Mom and Dad

No comments :

Post a Comment