Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cayden

Ball of Energy. Singer of "That's His Name" Songs. Pants Optional Wearer. Blue Chocolate Milk Drinker. Treat Lover. Reluctant Napper. Best Hugger. Sweetest Kisser. Daily Painter. 


This kid. This boy. This little person gives me a run for my money every. single. day. He tries my patience. He pushes my buttons. He steps to the line I've drawn, and attempts to jump over it. I know that what I'm seeing now are just glimpses into the person he will be, and not in a bad way. He's two. I'm looking for his gifts. I know they are somewhere in all that he is. I read an article about looking for the gifts your children possess, and helping to plant seeds in hopes of growing those talents and gifts. They can be as simple as organization. Or being a helper. I'm looking. 


He loves school. As a teacher, I hope that he will always love school. He LOVES art. He loves painting, and drawing, and hands-on activities. I think he inherited my crafty soul. 

School has been better. He's been having "good days." When I walk in to get him in the afternoon, he says, "Me no Hit." We've been working a lot at home on this. We pray at night that we are to help our friends, and not to hit or kick them. Heath and I have been focusing more on the positive than on the negative in his behavior which is really better for all of us. It's not that we ignore it, we just discipline and then move on. It's working for us. 


His new obsession is Cars. He has 10 or so mini Cars, and he likes it when you pull up Cars characters on Google images. Then he scrolls through them and asks you what their names are a million times. 

 He is also obsessed with his birthday. Anytime he sees something he wants. He wants it for his birthday. Ironman? Dinosaur cake? Cars? Ice cream? Appearances by Woody and Buzz Lightyear? All of it. 

 He likes sticks and leaves. Chocolate. He doesn't like talking to people on FaceTime, but generally warms up towards the end. He would rather run around in his underwear, but will put on shorts for company. Speaking of shorts: We went to the Clube the other day to order dinner (At some point I will post about the fact that I can't/refuse/don't want to cook). I was talking to a few ladies while Cayden was running around when all of a sudden, I find myself watching Cayden slip his shorts off, and start slapping them in a puddle of water. So there he was, with out shorts, in his undies (in public). 

 He started making up songs that go something like this, "Lightning McQueen is his name. Lightning McQueen is his name." Insert any name you wish, it works. 

As much trouble as he gets into, man I love that kid. He gives the sweetest kisses on your cheek, and always wants to give "Big Hugs." When I see him around other kids, I know he is a good one. He plays well with kids at the park, and even with the kids at school. His love for everyone I think is just bursting to get out. The other afternoon at school, I witnessed him giving his signature Big Hug to a smaller kid in his class. It might have been a little too hard. And maybe a little unwelcomed, but I know in the future that he will be a great friend to have. 

No comments :

Post a Comment