Tuesday, April 29, 2014

10 Months

There are times when I'm scrolling through the pictures on my phone and I think, Beckham really hasn't changed much. Then I look up at him it just kind of hits me. He's going to be ONE in two months. At this point with Cayden I had been planning his first birthday party for like three months. Ha. Maybe it's the fact that we are in Brasil, that I'm like 5000 miles away from the party location, or that I know that it will be great, no matter how much or little planning I put into it. Oh, I've thought about it. But that's really as far as it's gotten. Poor guy. 







He's getting quite good at pulling up and standing. Almost too good. Like we will probably have a walker on our hands in a few weeks.


Cayden is getting so good at playing with Beckham. Don't get me wrong - we still have the occasional aggressive outburst, but I figure that will last for 10 or 20 more years! He gets down and crawls around with him and wants so badly for Beckham to chase him. He likes to act like he's feeding him, and Beck makes this lip smacking noise. It's pretty comical. 



This photo is so funny. Replace that sticker with a glass, add 18 years or so, and he could be a model. 




It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Ha! These little photo shoots last all of 5 minutes - maybe. You can just tell how it can go from laughing to crying in mere seconds. 

This last one, Beckham bit Cayden pretty good. Cayden was done after that!

Beckham's Stats:

 - Weighs around 22 pounds. This is totally a guess. He seems tall. The doctor said that he was about the size of a one year old. Seems right. 
- Size 4 diapers. Needs size 5 at night to withstand the 2-3 nursings he's getting. (yikes)
-Looks cute in t-shirts and pants. 
-Favorite book is Peek-A-Who? Like it's the only one he wants me to read. Over and over again. 
-Favorite person: Probably me. He loves it when Heath comes home though. 
-He likes his walker for about 10 minutes.
-Enjoys the prison for about the same time. 
-He would rather just crawl around and pull up on stuff everything.
- He likes to bite and pull hair. LOVES it, really.


Sleeping: UGH. This has been such a stressor for me. He gets up 2-3 times a night. Every 2-3 hours. I try to let him cry, especially if he just nursed a few hours before. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm trying to be more consistent for his naps and not walk him around so much, or at least until not walk him around until he falls asleep. I'm trying people. He does like it when I sing to him. I sing three songs and then put him down. He's usually pretty drowsy and almost asleep at this point. 
His afternoon naps are crappy. Like 30 minutes. 

Eating: Better. Still is not a fan or super textured foods, but Cayden was the same. I've gotten better about making him food. Today it was leeks, carrots, and sweet potatoes. He loved it! 

Beckham-

Here we are! Just moments away from your first birthday. You are so funny. You love to watch people, and shy away when they talk to you. You always have a smile, though. You are loving the pool and playing in the bathtub. When we sing the Wheels on the Bus and talk about the wipers, you think it's hysterical. Your eyes light up when Mickey Mouse is on, and you are jabbering all the time. I love you little boy. I love spending my days with you! I love watching you figure out things, and I know you will start saying words in no time. We love you so much, little man. 

Mom and Dad

No comments :

Post a Comment