Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Our House

I guess I haven't really said much about getting our stuff. Not that it was bad, trust me, it isn't, it has been fabulous! We could have made do with little. We would have survived. But there in nothing like sleeping in your own bed, and just seeing and functioning with your own stuff. Nothing like it. 

I guess I still don't feel completely settled. We are in the process of having AC installed (Thank Goodness), there is dust everywhere, so my painting is unfinished. The guest room is still a mess, but it's slowly coming together. 

Here are a few pictures of our house. The kitchen is the most updated in the apartment, and is really spacious. There is a TV there, so Cayden can watch cartoons at breakfast. Behind the kitchen is the laundry area, but I think I've mentioned that before.


Dining Room. Obviously a work in progress. The big square on the wall is where we tested out the painted color, and then painted over it. 


Cayden's Room. The rugs have been heavenly. Noise reducers and a good place to play!

Beckham's Room. I like his the best. I think it's the soothing colors. Whites and grays. 

Our room. I really like it. I even told Heath that when we get back home I would like to put hardwood in our bedroom. I like the feel and look of the rug. 



The guest room. It's ready, kind of. But it CAN be ready for whomever wants to join us. Really. The weather is great. There is a pool. You have your own bathroom. Any takers? I promise to take out the toys when you get here!


These two. It is a daily prayer that God gives me patience and that my kids remember and feel love from me. There are days where I'm not nice.  My tone is negative, and I can only seem to focus on the negative. I'm trying. But reality is that this job is hard. Sometimes it's day by day, sometimes minute by minute, but I really wouldn't change it for anything. They need me. Tomorrow they will too. A few years from now they may not. 


So tomorrow is a new day, full of new possibilities, and full of grace. 



No comments :

Post a Comment