Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What We Do

This post is primarily a photo dump from my phone. I take pictures. I post pictures to Instagram and Facebook, sometimes with a witty remark, but usually no backstory. We've settled into a pretty nice routine here in Brasil, and we are doing pretty good. 

Cayden loves school. We are working on issues with pushing, taking toys from others, and sometimes hitting. We have the same problems at home. I'm not really sure if there is a particular method to use, but we try to be consistent. I'm focusing more on positive interactions. Hugging more. Pointing out the good things he does. Honestly, if I don't, it can get pretty grim in here, when you are constantly saying No, counting to 3, etc. 

Carnaval was last week, so school was out for three days. The Friday before the holiday they had a party at school. The kids could dress up as whatever they wanted. This also coincided with our stuff arriving two days before. Therefore I was in no mood to hunt up a costume, so I made one. We had the Superman shirt and the mask, all we needed was a cape! Voila!




Now, he may appear to be a willing costume wearer in the picture, but he had nothing to do with it after this shot. He took it to school, refused to wear it, and that's okay. He might like it better someday. 


There is a mall not too far from our house. It only take about 20 minutes to get there if there is light traffic. They were having a dinosaur exhibit that I thought Cayden would like. Plus, it was an excuse to leave the house. 












He LOVED it. In fact, for several days after he wanted to go back. It felt weird telling him the dinosaurs had moved or went somewhere else. I mean, how do you explain extinction to a 2.5 year old. 

We try our best to get to the pool on the weekends. Heath can usually squeeze time in to go with us, and it's better for Cayden to have someone in there with him. He can be pretty fearless. 





Cayden has his moments with Beck. I love this picture. They both look focused and willing to play nicely. 

 Beckham is quite mobile. He is minutes away from moving to a real crawl instead of the army crawl. He tries pulling up on stuff. He's everywhere. Into everything. 

Kristin have me some StickyGrams before we moved of all the kids. They are so fun to look at. Cayden likes to rearrange them, but mostly he asks to go to the red park with Mill. I can't wait to actually take him in a few short months!!

The weather is beautiful here. I can't say that enough. We are hoping in the next month to take a small trip to the countryside. I know we are supposed to go to the beach first, but I'm not sure what Beckham would do. He's not one to just sit on a towel and play. So for now we are looking at a place that has horses, a small petting zoo, a pool, and lots of land. 

No comments :

Post a Comment