Monday, June 27, 2011

How much longer?

My post is just a little late, but really at this point...what's the difference between 37 weeks, and 37 weeks and two days? I went to the doctor last Thursday and everything seems to be going well. They want me to keep measuring my blood sugar levels, but I don't have to see that doctor anymore, and I don't have to go through any more glucose testing...YIPPEE. They said everything looks good with the weight gain, and blood pressure, and Cayden's heartbeat. I survived my second "checking" and it seems that I am dilated to 2.5. When he said this I was like, OMG..I am going to have this baby today! But he said that he doesn't think I will go too early, that I should be about on time. Now, these could be famous last words, or they could ring true. Honestly, I am hoping for the latter. Much to the chagrin of family and friends, I really want to go to a Professional Development workshop at the beginning of July. If I can get through that, bring it on!



As this pregnancy is coming to a close, I'm starting to think about how I really feel about it. There are those women who LOVE being pregnant, and there are those who hate it, and I think there are those like me who are undecided. I HATED being nauseous during the first trimester, I hated not liking meat anymore, and I didn't appreciate the kidney stone, or gestational diabetes. I did like being comfortable enough with my baby belly to wear skin tight t-shirts. (I probably won't be doing that afterwards...Yikes!) I liked that I was able to stay healthy, and maintain a healthy weight. I liked that even with the excuse of being pregnant, I ate what I wanted, and most of the time it was fruit. So, I guess my feelings will be that of Love/Hate. Will I do it again...hmmm...let's try this first one out and see how it goes.



Progress on the house! As of today the windows have been delivered, and we went through and discussed lighting and outlets with the electrician. Exciting right? It is starting to feel more real, and I am anxious to move in! Heath's favorite room right now is the back porch. It is large, and covered, and will make a great entertaining area, or just a great place to hang out. I don't really have a favorite right now. Maybe the living room, or the idea of the living room. I just want something that is light and airy.


Could it be nesting? I read somewhere that nesting wasn't just about cleaning, but also about completing projects. I think that is where I am. I want to craft! To the point of waking in the middle of the night and thinking of nothing else. It is crazy.


After a whirlwind trip to Tulsa, and swearing to never shop at Babies R Us again, I think we actually have all of the "supplies" we need. Needless to say, baby land has taken over the apartment.


No comments :

Post a Comment