Sunday, June 12, 2011

35 Weeks: 35 Days and one Awesome Baby Shower

Another week gone by, another day to mark off the calendar. Am I ready? No. Not that I don't want Cayden to be here. Here, just means that it is finally real, and we are responsible for the well-being of another person. It's kind of scary. This week I decided to try and stop reading all the baby books, and freaking out about what my plan is or what schedule he will be on, or any of the other million questions that run through my mind. My goal is to enjoy my summer break, read some non-baby books, and just try and do things that I may not be able to do in 35 days.







Grey Shirt, Black Shirt, one shirt, two shirt... I might buy some Dr. Seuss books this week.



I had a great baby shower yesterday! My best friend in the whole-wide world organized everything from her home in San Francisco. There are some people who are blessed with the ability to coordinate and plan events. I don't think I am one of them!






The table decorations included beautiful flowers and boxes of chocolates for the guests to take home!







A jar filled with 2,499 M&M's with Cayden's name and potential birth date on them. This was also the prize if you could guess the correct number. I came SO close...with 250. HA~! My mother-in-law was the actual winner!






Cupcakes with Cayden's initials on them...Yum! (They were from Rick's)





The hostess and I. Does this belt make my belly look fat? :o)





Party goers, and the wonderful table decorations.







We played a few games. The first where you have to cut a piece of ribbon that you think will fit around my belly. Normally I think this could have been one of those moments where you could be really self-conscious. BUT, I did really well, and most guests were nice with their measurements. There were a few that think I am about 1-2ft bigger around than I am...hmm.




My mom and I. She came over the day before and went shopping...again! More clothes for Cayden!





My mother-in-law and her sister. She brought this wagon FULL of wonderful gifts that included a quilt with a piece of Heath's grandfathers' shirt sewn into the lining.






My mentor and friend from school!


More friends from school! It was really great shower. I got a little overheated, but had a wonderful time.



Now. More about me. I have another doctor's appt this week that includes another glucose test and my first exam where they check me. This should be interesting. We also have our last Child Birthing class. It is all about taking care of the baby. Diaper changing and swaddling are the two musts that I need. I haven't changed a diaper in probably...15 years. Needless to say, I never really got into the babysitting thing. On Thursday I have a Breastfeeding class. What am I hoping to gain? I'm not sure. I am hoping to come to a final decision about the breastfeeding thing.



Food: My diet the past few days has been HORRIBLE! I won't even go into all the junk I have eaten, but it is pretty bad. My sweet tooth is taking over my mind, and it is really hard to deny it. I still love fruit though...and water. That should cancel out the other stuff, right?


























































































No comments :

Post a Comment