Sunday, June 5, 2011

34 Weeks

I'm 34 weeks and school is almost out! Does anyone else here the melodious sound of Alice Cooper running through their heads? Maybe it's just me?
We have three days this week and then I think the real countdown begins! Today my goal is to update my blog and to wash some of Cayden's stuff. I don't think I would call it "nesting" but the wonderful gifts we have received are starting to pile up and I need to organize them.



Doctor Update: I went for one of my two week visits. There isn't much that happens at these appointments, so once you are in, they usually go pretty quick. Blood Pressure looks good. Weight is good. Up one pound from two weeks ago. Heartbeat looks good. So far everything seems to be going well. They are still monitoring my diabetes and at my next appt. I have to have another glucose test. I do not like these. It's not the blood drawing....bring on the needles! It's the junk they make you drink, and the time you have to wait.

On a brighter note the doctor didn't think Cayden would hit the 9lb. mark. Really they are just basing this on measurements and weight gain, but it made me feel good because I was worried about Cayden getting close to the 10lb. mark.


Book Update: These are the books I have read, or are in the middle of.

* BabyWise

* The Happiest Baby on the Block

*SuperBaby


I would like the think that I am gaining vast amounts of knowledge that will be used THE minute Cayden is born, but I am not so sure. I feel like the first few days will be a "Let's just see how this goes" moment, and then maybe some of what I have read will come back to me.


However, there are some HILARIOUS theories and notions between the covers of these books.


* You shouldn't tickle or throw your kid up in the air because it shows your dominance in power. (HA HA HA)

* Letting your baby sleep in bed with you and nurse all night is very natural and a wonderful bonding experience. (No thanks)


I am sure there are more but these were the two that stuck out. I'm sorry if anyone is offended. I will continue to read up and tuck away little tidbits of wisdom and pray for patience and the ability to be a good parent. In the end, that's the most important thing.


PS - I have been shopping. Up until a few weeks ago, I had done a really good job of not buying little items here and there. Aside from two baby blankets, I have now purchased at least 9 outfits and a diaper/hospital bag. I will try to contain myself until after my last baby shower which is being thrown by my best friend from San Francisco~ It is going to be pretty amazing!



1 comment :

  1. Darn it! I totally planned on showing Kalyn who's boss by throwing her in the air!

    ReplyDelete