Friday, July 8, 2011

Let's just call it 39 weeks

To say that I am a little late with this post would be an understatement, so let's say that I am early with the 39 week post! Obviously I am still pregnant. We went to the doctor last Friday and I am dilated to 3. Not a huge improvement over the week before. The doctor was even a little surprised that I hadn't had Cayden by now. I would say that we are officially in the waiting period, and that he could come at any moment. We had a brief discussion with the doctor about inducing if I made it to my due date, which I think will probably happen.


I did make it to my week of professional development, so I have accomplished that goal. Now I can sit around, twiddle my thumbs, stare at baby stuff, read books, swim in my cousin's new pool, drive by our house, answer texts messages about how I am feeling, etc. Really the options are endless.




Here I am, in alllll my glory! I generally ask the doctor every week how big Cayden is going to be. I use the terms "giant baby" or "monster" to inquire about his size. Of course they won't give me any official numbers, but we are thinking between 7-9.



Cayden's future best friend and girl friend was born on Wednesday! She is so precious, and small and sweet, and I know they will be great friends once he gets here.





Update on the house: We have been busy trying to pick out all of the things that will go in there. The list is pretty long, but we have been able to make decisions on several fronts. I think that the builder knows I might not be in a position to pick out paint colors in a week or so. We also met with the cabinet guy, and I after talking with him, I can actually "see" what our kitchen might look like. I'm pretty excited about it.





This is our front door. It's nice. It will be nicer when they have stained it.


I mentioned in my last post that I have been feeling crafty. I have worked on a couple of different projects that are really imitations of things I have seen and wanted to duplicate. I am in no way a painter, or artist, but my brain gets really excited and thinks that I'm Picasso, and then tries do crazy stuff. This is one project. It's not quite complete. I like it the way it is, but the "original" is more filled in. I have no clue where I would put this because it really goes against our usual traditional style. But there was something that drew me to this picture and I had to make it.


This I saw in a store. I LOVE the quote and I can picture this in my bedroom. While professing my love for Heath with a giant painting may seem a little outlandish, I like the idea of waking up to it every morning. I am working on some Hog picture frames, but my creative time was taken up by education time this week. I am thinking that while waiting for Cayden to arrive, I can get that project wrapped up too!

No comments :

Post a Comment