Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Week Old!






Oh my. Has it really been a week? Cayden has survived our care for one week! Maybe the hospital wasn't crazy by letting us take him home.


Because Cayden was born later in the evening last Thursday, we had to stay until Saturday. It was nice because every question that came to our minds, we could ask the nurses, but bad because we were in the hospital. It's never fun there. Heath had to sleep on an uncomfortable pull-out, and I was exhausted but uncomfortable in my bed, and a little nervous because of the new life sleeping in our room. By Saturday, we were ready to leave.


My mom has been with us since early last week, so she was excited when we finally made it to the house. It was wonderful having her here. She would cook, and clean, and hold Cayden, and help us get through the sleepless nights with him. I don't know how we would be functioning if she hadn't been here.

We made an early visit to the doctor on Monday to have them check out his circumcision; it was bleeding a little and we were concerned. The doctor quickly reassured us. They did a weight check and he was down to 7.5lbs. Yikes! I have been breastfeeding and thinking that it was going okay, really just waiting for my milk to come in. They had us come back in for another weight check on Thursday and he had gained 6oz~ At least I know he isn't starving!



I'll leave you with this picture. I love the ones of he face close up. He is so sweet and overall a good baby. That doesn't mean he isn't giving us a run for our money at night. He obviously has his days and nights mixed up, so we are working on fixing that, and for him to sleep only in is crib. He likes to sleep on our chests at night.


No comments :

Post a Comment