Saturday, March 26, 2011

24 Weeks...on the dot.

I finally was able to catch up. I am actually posting this the DAY that I am 24 weeks preggers. It's amazing what a vacation and spring break can help you do...There is so much to talk about that I will skim over some of the more boring details. Here I am...24 weeks pregnant. My belly is starting to stick out, it is pretty much impossible to deny that I am pregnant (not that I would), and all I want to do is wear outfits much like this all the time. Every day. It could be worse...say a Muumuu perhaps? I did go to the doctor last Friday before my cruise for a glucose test...and apparently my results were 2 points higher than what they would like so that means more glucose tests in my future! Weight gain was good... a total of 5 pounds thus far (the doctor was mightily impressed with me). Of course keep in mind this was pre-cruise... Think of the rest of this post like Flat Stanley. Only it will be from Cayden's perspective. He got to experience/see a lot of interesting things this week. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Here we are at Senor Frogs in Nassau, Bahamas. Cayden was getting his picture taken with Mr. Senor Frog himself after we observed what is to be a typical Spring Break experience for many college kids. We watched a Conga Line for shots, and then they began to dance away. It was loud...really loud. I kept thinking that I am TOO old for this! Ten years ago was a different story, but WOW... I am old. This is Cayden and I leaving Miami at the beginning of our cruise. It was quite windy, but we were pretty pumped about all the reading and sunbathing that was going to take place over the next few days. And then we looked down and saw...

Look closely. Yep, that is the coast guard with a very large automatic weapon chaperoning us out of the port. I'm not sure what they were protecting us from...Pirates?


Overall the cruise was really nice. Any chance I can get to lay out in the sun and read is great in my book (no pun intended). However, I also came down with a cold about 2 days into our trip so the last leg was not quite as enjoyable. I was tired, full of mucus/snot, and all that goes with a cold.


Cayden would report that he had a pretty good experience too. He happens to be a BIG fan of Caribbean tunes. He definitely is going to inherit his mom's rhythm and dance moves.


Happy Spring Break to all!


No comments :

Post a Comment