Thursday, March 17, 2011

And the Winner is....

We found out we were having a boy on a Friday. If you have read previous posts you would know that my husband refused to discuss names until we knew for sure the gender. That Sunday we both sat down, he with a baby name book, and I with my previously made list. After a few hours of searching the book he had about 8-10 names to work with, and I had 12. To make it more interesting, because who doesn't like a little fun, we put the names on individual cards and drew them out of a jar. Immediately we began sorting. The Absolutely Nots! The Maybe for a Middle Names, and the Hmmm Let's Think About That One!


We only had one name in common...ONE! So being the fair and compromising duo that we are, WE decided to try out names. We would give each of our top three one week. A test run, so-to-speak.
I lost. The first day. Basically we started with Heath's favorite and it was over from there. For him there was no other name that could top that. Rather than putting up a huge fight, I gave in and said, "Fine, but I get exclusive rights to the next kids' name! And it can be anything I want!"
So the winner is.......Cayden Rhys Cruikshank.
As an English teacher I appreciate the alliteration it makes.

Here is me at 22 (fast approaching) 23 weeks.

I love my blogs. I love the fact that I can say whatever I want, and if I upset someone, or someone doesn't agree with me...who cares! I am having a REALLY hard time with the whole weight gain issue. I didn't think I would be this bad, but I am. Don't worry, I am not starving myself...but my self-esteem has hit the toilet and I feel like a marshmallow. I had to vent.

I was thinking on my way to work this morning all of the cool things Cayden has got to experience in-utero. A James Taylor concert with my mom. An upcoming cruise to the Bahamas. His first Krispy Kreme donut this morning. And yes, I understand that I complain about weight, and still I ate that donut...Pregnant women are crazy.

Cravings and Wants:

Fruit. Lots of it. Strawberries especially. Do you hear that BONEFISH! Get on the ball and bring back your Strawberry Shortcake. Trust me, it will be good for business.

Granola Bars. The cheap chocolate chip kind.

Blueberry muffins. They're just good.

(Apparently my cravings are breakfast related.)

The Mia Bossi Maria Baby Bag. If you look this up, please do not fall out of your seat when you see the price. I have not purchased it..........yet. :o)


No comments :

Post a Comment