Monday, September 9, 2013

This Too Shall Pass

A simple phrase that can be taken a multitude of ways. Often times I repeat this to myself when Cayden is being "two." When he doesn't listen. When he takes his plate, dumps it, and then puts it on his head. Afterward dropping it to the floor along with his cup. When he insists on watching cartoons all morning. When he says "shoushide" a million times because he really wants to go outside. I have also found myself repeating this in frustration for Beckham. When he only takes 15 minute naps. Nurses aggressively and I end up covered in milk. When he wakes every few hours at night. 

But then, This Too Shall Pass can be said with nostalgia and a teensy bit of sadness. When Cayden says "Hug" out of the blue and he really does want a giant hug. When you are trying to clean his room and he wants to sit on your lap and read books. When he says Night Night and Love You. When he counts to ten and leaves off the number one, and then screams TEN! For Beckham it's when he falls asleep on your shoulder with his mouth open. When I'm changing his diaper and he smiles and coos. When he is snuggled next to me in bed, sound asleep.

Thinking about our big adventure to Brazil that seems to be right around the corner. When I walk through our house and see our pictures on the walls, driving to the store, jumping in the car for a quick play date with Mills and Syd, it's all going away soon. For that I am sad and maybe a little scared. But not because I fear for my life or anything. Sad for leaving the comfortableness I live in. So as this part of our lives passes, we get to move into a new life for awhile, and then that too shall pass. 

Enough profound thoughts and musings for the day. To the pictures!


Beckham and Sydney

I like to think he was giving me a big smooch...not trying to nurse my face.

I was going through clothes for the garage sale, and Beck needed a place to chill for a bit.

Every now and then Cayden wants to "Hold" Beckham. This day he just happened to be sitting in a bucket. 

MDO - Week Two. Enough Said.

After struggling with naps, I finally put him in my bed.

Literally, like three minutes later. 


*** For those that keep up with me on Facebook and IG - Sorry for the repeat of pictures. ***

No comments :

Post a Comment