Friday, June 21, 2013

39 Week Update and Big Changes

Let's start with the doctor update. As of yesterday, I hit the 39 week mark. While it feels like I have been pregnant forever, I know the time is drawing very near where I won't be any more. Can I get an Amen?!? I may eat my words in a matter of days, but I think I can function better on sleep deprivation  than just the utter exhaustion my body feels hauling around tens of extra pounds. There is such a profound difference in how your body feels while pregnant, and then almost immediately after. Listen, I'm not naive. I know there are terrible "After" things that happen too...but frankly - I'm looking forward to my hips not aching while I sleep at night, or being able to bend over without feeling like I need a nap or a quick sit down afterwards. Ugh. 

I digress - Today I met with a different doctor, because my normal doctor was on vacation. I chose to see the same doctor that delivered Cayden. There wasn't really any expectation going in. As long as my blood pressure was normal, I figured we'd be waiting another week. Well...Not so much. My pressure was normal, and I was still dilated to 3. But then she asked how we felt about induction. We felt fine - that's how we had Cayden! So, we are scheduled to be induced on Monday! Woo hoo!! It's a little surreal, and very emotional. I'm trying not to think too deeply about how these are the last days with Cayden. How these are the final days where it's just the three of us. Not that we aren't eagerly waiting for Beckham, there is something sentimental about it just being us. Geez, let's get to some happier thoughts!

Cayden got a inflatable pool with a slide. Hours after it was blown up, just waiting to be filled, it deflated. Off to the store to exchange, where we ended up with a sprinkler instead. He LOVES it!






Now to the BIG news!! As if there really could be bigger news that having a baby, right? Let's just say Beckham is the biggest thing happening right now. Six months from now it will be different - We will be moving to... Brazil! What??!?!  More specifically, Sao Paulo,Brazil. (Yes, I know about the riots.) It's almost unbelievable to me, as if at some point Heath's company will stop and say never mind. We are starting to "prepare" as best we can to move. Really, all that means is that we are gathering passports, applying for visas, and such. We are excited. A little overwhelmed, and honestly taking one step at a time, and just getting ready for Beckham to get here! Trust me, there will be more posts about this in the future, when we know a little more, and have come out of the new baby haze.

I'll leave you with this. Cayden's passport photo. I sent this to my mom with a text that went something like this. 

Wanted: Cayden "Big C" 
Charges: Impersonating a Pig, Manipulating Parents, and Evading Diaper Changes. Suspect appears cute and innocent, but looks are deceiving.
If seen please contact the authorities (his parents).


He looks a little thugish to me. But it only took 10 seconds to get this picture, so kudos to the Walgreens Employee with the digital camera. 

Stay Tuned: I'm thinking the next post with include Beckham pictures! EEEkk!

No comments :

Post a Comment