Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Task a Day...

In the 16 days that I have been a "Stay-at-home-mom" I have discovered something about myself. I need a task. Oh, I don't mean things like cleaning, laundry, or any of those "other" things that have to be done. I mean like an outing, or a play date, something along those lines. I need a task so that I don't go stir crazy. Even if it is a run to Target or Walmart, something. Something to get me out and about.

Even in the last week, when I swear this baby had made up his mind to hang on until they have to go in for him, I need to get moving. I'm pooped, this is no lie. My back hurts, and sometimes I really just want to lay on the couch. But I've noticed that if we don't have a goal for the day, Cayden and I both seem a little more irritable, a little more cranky. This is just my observation, and let's also note that Beckham isn't here yet. This may all change in the next few weeks.

Here was our task today: We did clean a little, Jennifer came over, and then we decided to invite Millie to play. Not just play, but specifically to play with shaving cream. Cayden loves it, so I figured the more the merrier!


Why shouldn't a paintbrush full of shaving cream go in your hair?


Millie may not have been as enthused as Cayden. She was definitely a little more dainty about it.

Whereas Cayden, he jumps in feet first.

Millie liked watching him


"I'm gunna make him an offer he can't refuse..."


Towards the end she may not have been so excited about flying bits of shaving cream.
  Kristin and I mention the wonderfulness of living so close to friends. I know that in the next few weeks and months it's going to be even better. Millie's sister is four weeks old, and once Beckham gets here, the ease at which we can just go and hangout with no worries about what I look like will be stupendous. I'm not saying I'm throwing all personal hygiene out the window, but I get a pass for at least a month.



No comments :

Post a Comment