Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Break 2012

This time last year I was on a cruise with my mom, soaking up the rays, and getting a lot of reading accomplished! This year I was chasing an 8 month old around the house! It's no Vegas, or Cancun, but I'll take it! We had two play dates with Millie and one with Kalyn, and then a whirlwind trip to my mom's house/Branson. That was pretty much it! It seemed as if the sun would never shine, but finally on Saturday it did! I'm a little sad that this week is over, but I know we are just that much closer to the summer! Oh the adventures we will have then, I'm sure.

It's really a glamorous life being a baby. You are fed, bathed, clothes picked out, etc. Sometimes, when we are feeling saucy, we like to not wear a shirt. Actually, sometimes we just run around in a diaper.
WARNING: Cute baby picture overload ahead!


Next to sweater vests, tie onesies are where it's at! And leggin's of course. Cayden is becoming quite the crawler. To the point where I think we are going to have to spring for a play yard, or "baby prison." You can walk into the kitchen, and turn around and he's crawled ten feet in 30 seconds.






There is something about a baby bottom and feet that are the cutest. This is the only time in life, really, that people would want this side of their personality photographed.




Cayden can also go from crawling to sitting really well. He still hasn't started pulling up yet, though. Not sure how to facilitate, or encourage that, but we'll keep trying. We are having some eating issues though. Apparently Cayden's gag reflex is strong, really strong. I mentioned before that we tried feeding him a banana, and he threw up. I tried to feed him 1/4 of a puff, same thing. We tried feeding him the "Level 3" foods, which basically have more texture, nope. Up-Chuck Charlie in our kitchen. I guess he'll eat baby food until he is 12.










Someone is also working on his third tooth. Sleeping has been precarious. I think he is using nursing as a safety blanket. That needs to be "nipped" in the bud...ha ha. I want to have a conversation with the doctor about the weening process. I think it's time. But then again, our kid is going to be eating mush for life, so why not breast milk....just kidding!

These next pictures are a sneak peek of the Easter outfit, and a Bunny Mickey Mouse that will find it's way into Cayden's Easter basket.





Here is my dapper little man....



Mess his hair up a little, and you get a boy with an edge.










There is the Bouse? Munny? Whatever you call it, Mickey in a costume!








Hope everyone had a great week, even those who weren't off. I think I broke a record by posting three times this week. Don't get too used to it.

No comments :

Post a Comment