Friday, August 19, 2011

Five Weeks

Here we are at week five. School has begun, and I am not there to deal with the craziness and excitement of the beginning of the year. It's weird to not be there. I did finally get my classroom as ready as it was going to be, and my sub for the first week was worked out as well. I went to Open House, which turned out to be a great idea because I could explain to the parents and students that I wouldn't actually be there until October.

So what do we do during the day?


Here is my chair. This is where I spend a LARGE majority of my day. Almost everything I need is accessible from this point. In front, the Boppy Lounger. On the lounger, my phone. On the right you will notice the black bag that contains my breast pump. (exciting, right?) On the left: the War Zone. Blue cup containing ice water. Book, in case I want to read. Baby Stuff: Aspirator, Zantac, nail clippers, pacifier, baby lotion. I feed him, and entertain him with my Hilarious personality from this point. Don't worry. We are not sedentary. We walk. See previous posts. His tummy time quilt is also nearby.


Tummy Time. He looks adorable in stripes!




We are working on trying to like our car seat. Taking him places has been a little hard because he likes to cry. Usually he is mad because he is in the seat, or it so happens that he is hungry. Surprise, surprise. Today he did really well. It made me feel like I might be able to get out of the house on my own more often.

He is starting to smile. I took this picture yesterday, thinking this was a smile...It was, kind of. But Today, he actually did smile at me...It was great! I wish Heath would have been here to see it! And I wish I would have gotten a picture of it.





The House: I have been really excited about building our house. It is nice to build something that has all of the things that you want in it. Up until now it was hard to imagine what it was going to look like. Well, this past week, the cabinets and built ins were installed. I am thrilled. Below is our dining room. When they were framing we noticed a dead space in the wall, and decided a butler's pantry would be cool. Plus, any additional storage space for wine is always a plus.


It turned out great! Not as great as our STUDY. My bookshelf is so beautiful. I cannot wait until it is stained, and books are lining the shelves. This room is quickly becoming my favorite.


Notice Cayden in the corner. He and I will be spending lots of time in here catching up on our Dr. Seuss.


Our Kitchen.... I think it looks good even without the paint. I am so excited to move in and get our stuff out of storage, although I think a lot of it will not be returning to our house. You really can manage with few items. Our builder is doing a great job of meeting our needs. I found a picture of a laundry room on Pinterest. It has wainscoting on the wall, with hooks. A great place for bags, purses, etc. I sent them the picture, and they are making it happen! I am so blessed.


My next post will be devoted to all of the blessings that we have to be thankful for.



No comments :

Post a Comment