Saturday, January 8, 2011

Here we go!




It was the shot heard around the world...Heath and I are going to have a baby! I think because we have been married for quite awhile (almost 9 years) and had convinced everyone that we were not going to have kids for years, that the news came as such a shock to everyone.
Here is a somewhat lengthy recap of the last two months:


November 6th - I had a gut feeling that I needed to take a pregnancy test. Although I thought my body was telling me a different story, my heart was telling me to "Go ahead, take a test!"

Less than a minute later, the little digital stick told me I was right! Heath was slightly taken aback, and was soon convinced by the stick. After some stomache jitters, and a few "Oh My Gosh's" we were pretty excited.

Later that night, I bought another test just to ease my fears that I had recieved a false positive. You will find that throughout this pregnancy I have always assumed the worst...

November 24th - First Appointment. Which is really to say, they asked a bunch of questions about how we were going to pay for having a baby. They drew some blood, I peed in a cup, and we were on our way.



December 6th - Minor scare. I was having some symptoms that just didn't seem right. So we called the after hours nurse, and was basically told to sit tight, and come in the next day for an ultrasound. Needless to say, those 24 hours were pretty worrisome. But on the 6th we saw the baby's heartbeat, and was issued Lil' C's first picture.

This whole time we had only told two or three people, and none of them were our family. We decided to hold off for awhile, and wait until Christmas to let everyone in on the good news.

Christmas Week- This was the big one! It was time to let everyone in on our little secret.

We told Heath's mom, who teared up.
We told my best friend, who was just as baffled and excited as I was!

Next on the list was my mom - It took a lot of determination and planning, but we got my mom, my grandma, and aunt together to tell them at once. We all posed for a picture, and Heath says, "Everyone say, Amanda's Pregnant!" SHOCK, in such an understatement. It took a few minutes for it to sink in. My mom says, "It is true?" After convincing her, the waterworks started and lasted on and off for days! It was definitely a great moment!

Heath's dad and Brother were last on our list - We got his dad a frame that said Grandkids, and put in a picture of Cutter. In the middle we put a piece of paper that said, "Coming Soon...July 2011." He was over the moon. Screaming, whooping and hollering! It was neat!

Since then we have had one other doctors appt where we got to hear the heartbeat. Just one more assurance that there is a baby in there, and that everything seems to be okay so far!























2 comments :

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see you preggie! If you need anything, let me know! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! And I love the picture pose announcement...that is great!!

    ReplyDelete