Thursday, May 8, 2014

Flora, Fauna, and FIFA Figurinhas.

I know I've shared pictures of the grounds around our condominio, but each time we are outside I am in awe of the flowers and the green-ness of everything. It's so nice to have this landscape to look at when the rest of the city leaves a lot to be desired. 






These leaves are HUGE.  The recycle bins in the bottom right might help with the scale. I love them.




Brazilians like to graft flowers to trees. Never heard of it before we came down here, but I quite like it. So along our road to the clube there are orchids growing in the crooks of trees.


Bird of Paradise anyone?  Right under our balcony.



The grass they have in certain areas is wonderful as well. It grows in little tufts and is super soft. 


In case you didn't know, or haven't heard, or maybe you just aren't into soccer...The World Cup is in June. They have collectors books where you fill it with stickers of all the teams. Each book has 650+ stickers in them. We bought two, one for each kid, and have been working on collecting all 1300 stickers. We really didn't think this through....


                                                

This is the recent trash pile. Each packet of stickers contains 5 - we buy them in lots of 50. When you have 1300 stickers to collect, you need quantity, so far we've been through 160 packets. It's become less of a cute hobby, and more of a mission to get them all!!


Heath and I are thinking about taking the boys to Machu Picchu this fall(spring). There is a really nice hotel nearby that also has sister locations in the Amazon and a few other locales. I'm pretty adamant about not going to the Amazon. There is nothing there I need or want to see, and yes, I understand that it's a once in a lifetime trip...just not my lifetime. This picture is the PERFECT example of why I will not be going there. The sister hotel in the Amazon posted this picture of an Anaconda. No joke. It measured 12 feet long and they were really excited to be able to see it. Apparently they are around, but not too common to see. Whatever. They are there, which means I will not be. Period.

No comments :

Post a Comment