Monday, May 26, 2014

Cayden: The Big Brother

When we found out that we were going to have another baby (Beckham, just so there's no confusion), I wasn't really sure how Cayden would take it. I probably worried more about him than anything else. Would he feel jealous? Would he even like him? Exactly what was their relationship going to look like?? So many thoughts and questions and guilt. I didn't want him to feel any less important than he is. 

Flash Forward almost one year and we are just beginning to see what kind of brotherly bond they have. All along Beckham has been enamored with Cayden. LOVES him. Watches him, follows him, etc. Cayden has been more reserved. I don't know if he was just waiting for Beckham to be more interactive, or if he was just taking his time sizing him up, but the joy of having two boys is off and running. 


Cayden was very upset that Beckham had a sticker for his pictures. I went and got a Mickey sticker for him, but it wasn't good enough.


 Cayden has also become quite the daredevil. If we let him, he would jump off of everything, climb everywhere, and create quite the ruckus. Let The Wild Rumpus Start, right?


Cayden is very willing to have his picture taken with Beckham. He will always sit next to him, and he may even smile a little. I've let Cayden take a few pictures on my BIG camera. He looks through the viewfinder, and I say something like, "Do you see Beckham?" When he says, yes, I snap the shot. He LOVES it. In fact, he is starting to ask for a camera for his birthday so he can take pictures of Mama, Dada, Beckham, etc. Do we have a budding photog in the family??


 I'm serious when I say Rumpus. Although last night it was more like WWF. Beckham may be smaller, but he is starting to hold his own. Scary for the future. I just see a lot of wrestling in good fun, and then someone getting hurt. Cayden is playing so much more with him. I think because Beckham plays more. We can leave them in a room together and not have to watch their every move. Beckham likes to steal whatever Cayden is playing with and try to get away as fast as he can. I have NO idea where he gets that from, but it's pretty funny.


We went outside to take some pictures of Beckham for his birthday party invites. I thought I would try to get a couple of the two of them together, as well.  After we were finished we went to the park.


 Literally - every 5 feet we had to stop so I could take Cayden's picture. He would sit down, smile, say Cheese, jump up, and walk a few feet and then plop back down!



 This pretty much sums this kid up.


Cayden acting like a goober, and Beck wondering what is going on?



There aren't very many smaller kids in our complex. So the past few weeks, Cayden has been running with the big kids. Literally. They run, he runs. They are like 8 and up. They climb a tree, he follows. No fear this one. I drug him down after this photo, he managed another few feet up the tree. I love it though. I love that he is social and not worried about playing with kids he doesn't know. Or that he isn't afraid of stuff, you know? I mean, I want there to be some caution in his mind, but I like that he's our adventurer.

We talk to him a lot about being a good friend, and a good big brother, and I love that he loves to pray. Some nights we have to pray 2 or 3 times before he goes to sleep. He always mentions specific family members and friends, and I couldn't be happier. He has some of the best manners, and let's just say, the easiest way to get your Mama to give you treats is with a sweet smile and a "Please, Mama?" and a "Tank You, Mama" at the end. He steals my heart.


No comments :

Post a Comment