Sunday, April 28, 2013

He likes Vicks Vaporub

Another week has gone by. Cayden continues to "entertain" us with his shenanigans, and Beckham continues to grow. All in all, it's been a good week. Heath has been home with us, which makes everything better.

JeJe's pool has had the cover off for about two weeks now, and Cayden is obsessed with getting in it. She is really good about keeping the back door locked so that he doesn't escape, but he wants. in. that. pool. In order to appease him until swim lessons start, I bought him an inflatable water table to play with at her house. I'm sure he'll love it!

I've mentioned his allergies before. One thing I will say for him is that he is really good at taking medicine. We were giving him Zyrtec, but it wasn't doing anything, so we stopped. I hate giving meds just to give them. He sleeps with a humidifier on at night, and when he was super stuffy I put Vicks on his chest. Well, he loves that stuff. When you get ready to go to bed he starts rubbing his chest. Sweet boy. Until...you leave it within his reach. Earlier today he was playing quietly in his room - an ominous sound. I go in there only to find that he has found the Vicks, and is rubbing it all over his shirt, shorts, hands, you name it.

He is getting to that stage where if you don't give him what he wants, he will throw a fit. There have only been a couple of situations where he has had a full blown meltdown, but the whiney phase I can do with out. Most of the time though, he is really good and sweet. He is more into snuggling now. Especially before bed. He sits down with the iPad, watches a Disney show, and will lean on you, and sit right next to you. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

We went to Race for the Cure on Saturday, and compared to last year, Cayden was a star. We were going to participate in the Fun Walk...but apparently got in the 5K version. I made it about 2 miles. My back started KILLING me! Cayden was great - he had goldfish and cantaloupe, and just rode along. Last year we had to duck out about 1/4 of a mile into it.

Here are some photos from today - Sorry for the repetitiveness of them. I guess we are kind of boring, same old stuff.


 I have no idea why he is making this face, but I kind of love it.

 Toy in one hand - Drink in the other. He's quite the multi-tasker.


 We busted out the chalk, and Heath helped Cayden hone his artistic skills.


 He's also quite flexible. I call this the Pike position. Maybe he'll be a competitive diver?


 This picture is a little blurry, but I don't mind.

 I asked Heath if he liked this picture - He said that Cayden looked older. I agree.

Here is an updated belly shot! It's very modern and artsy and way more appealing to the eye than the real thing. We are almost to the 32 week mark. Bananas. The nursery is getting closer - really we are getting down to the decorative details at this point. We are trying to figure out the few things we may need. The good thing about another boy is that we have a lot of the stuff. I feel okay, minus the back. I've definitely had way more back pain this time. Heath is ready for it to be over. He may or may not be sick of my complaining. :o) We have a doctor's appointment this week, so we'll see how that goes!


No comments :

Post a Comment