Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis The Season

There is always so much going on during the Christmas season, and then you add a baby to the mix, and I am beginning to feel overwhelmed! We have officially bought ONE present. It's December 11th, and I am that far behind. Have we ordered our Christmas cards yet? Nope. Nothing like a little holiday pressure to put that panicky feeling into your heart! The good thing is we have Cayden. It is extremely hard for me to not want to go ahead and start some Christmas traditions now. I see the Elf of the Shelf pictures and I want to do that! I know he has no clue what it is, but still. It's been a miracle that I haven't bought the book yet. I am going to buy 'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

I don't want to put too much into this blog because Cayden will be FIVE months old on Wednesday and I will update then. It makes me kind of sad to look back at pictures of when he was first born. He was soo little...sniff.

He is really into electronics: Phones, remotes.... He wants it! Any time he sees a phone he lunges for it...he could be in the middle of a fussy, crying fit...pull out the phone. Good to go!
Side note: A lot of pictures I take of Cayden are in what I call his "Cayden Chair." Basically it my crossed leg that he sits in the crook of. I know he will be too big for that soon, so we bought him an actual Cayden Chair. This is his Christmas present this year. Since he has no concept of Christmas, I went ahead and put it together, and gave it a test run. He loves it. The funny part is that anytime you put him in it, he always has his arm slung over the side. It is so cute!


I know he will get good use out of this for a long time! My mom has gone a little present happy for him this year, so I think our only other gift for him may be a toy remote or cell phone!

This being Cayden's first Christmas there were a few things I thought we had to do. Special Christmas onesie...Check. Cayden's First Stocking...Check. Visit to see Santa...Check.
I knew that completing this last task could be stressful. We've all seen the pictures. Jolly old Saint Nick and a screaming red faced baby! This is what I was expecting. I was fully prepared for my child to be THAT child. Cayden and I loaded up and headed to the mall. We walk in the door, and the line is long, really long, but I am determined. I had left Cayden's car seat in the car because he hates it, so I was holding him, and the diaper bag. 15 minutes tick by.....30 minutes...and Santa's helper comes by to hand out price fliers, and to dish some picture taking advice.

"Oh, your baby is cute. If I were you, I would wait until the photographer is ready, and then walk your baby with his back towards Santa, and then get out quickly."
Great. 45 minutes go by....Cayden is doing well. No crying, just staring at people, and smiling at the guy behind us. Finally it is almost our turn, and my kid is asleep. I wake him up, and do as the helper instructed. Cayden was GREAT! Everyone watching thought he was so sweet when he smiled. He just sat there and let Santa hold him like it was no big deal.

Next year I will be even more prepared for a meltdown! Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment