Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Since I became a parent...

Here is a random blog about things I do now as a parent:

1. What channel is constantly playing at my house? CNN? NBC? HGTV? Nope. Disney. Oh yes. I am well versed in Good Luck Charlie, Shake It Up, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chuggington. The list goes on. The really embarrassing and sad part is that I find myself enjoying some of these shows....and singing their songs. Which brings me to #2.

2. I get songs stuck in my head. Songs like "The Hot Dog Song." If you know what I am talking about, you are singing it right now. Hot Diggity Dog!

3. In my former life, I might have been grossed out by bodily fluids. Not now. Drool, check! Spit up, check! Poop, check! Pee, check! Boogers, yep, those too! I put on my big girl pants, and have passed the gross out tests!

4. When I'm in public..... I am no longer embarrassed by farts. Cayden does it, and they often smell like a dead person. It's gross, but what can you do? He's obviously not bothered by tootin' it up in large groups.

5. Pre-Baby we could be found at Bonefish almost every weekend. Bonefish is really not a "baby friendly" environment. We have taken him there once and it went fine, but we are no longer frequent fliers. Our restaurants of choice must meet the following criteria: They must be fast. They patron population should be at a minimum. Close to home in case of a meltdown. These are baby friendly qualities.

6. Traveling any where is gauged by nap times. Did he just wake from a nap? Should he be going down for a nap? Is he napping now? These are important because nobody wants a screaming baby in the car for any length of time. Gone are the days when you can just hop in the car and go!

7. Going to WalMart is a chore. Even more so than before. Trips are quick. If you don't have a list, then you are doomed because you WILL forget something. The mind is not wired to think of things you need, while telling your baby, "It's okay! We're almost done! Just a few more minutes!" You always need a list.

8. Staying home is easier than going any where. Refer to #7. A sandwich will do for lunch and dinner, if it means not going to WalMart. The amount of items you need to go any where is intense. Diaper Bags with extra outfits, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, etc. If you are staying anywhere for any period of time you also need a sound machine, bouncers or other various entertainment pieces.

My life has changed dramatically, but darn it if it isn't all worth it!

No comments :

Post a Comment