Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our Little Turkey

As you have seen from previous posts, Cayden is our little turkey. Although it would have been fitting to put him back into the turkey costume for Thanksgiving, we let him be his cute self this week. Before I get into all of Cayden's happenings, I thought I would post a little about what Heath and I are doing.

The entry way in our house is begging for some photos...mainly of Cayden. I knew when we moved in that I wanted to create a photo wall. Dead center is the canvas print we have of Cayden, because lets face it, he is the center of our world. In my semi-anal mindset I wanted to get a visual of the wall before I started hammering in the nails. As I was trying to fall asleep last night, I had a moment. Oprah would call it an A-Ha moment. Anyway, I thought that I could create the "frames" with painter's tape. I could move them around, and get everything just right before I put holes in the wall. I think it turned out pretty well. It gives me the basic idea. Thanks to Heath for helping me with my madness.


My knitting obsession is still going strong. I have made a cowl scarf, and a purple hat like the green one above. The purple one had some serious flaws, but this one seems to be going pretty well. Sometimes I feel a little old ladyish with my new hobby, but when you look at all the fashion forward patterns online, I don't care!

Here he is. It's what you have been waiting for; it's why you have read the blog this far!

He is the sweetest thing. Honestly, he is happy 95% of the time. It seems that the past few days he has been a little fussier, especially at night. I'm not sure if we are keeping him up too long before bedtime, or what, but so far tonight he has been awake and crying more than he has been asleep.


This year for Thanksgiving we went to my mom's house. This meant an overnight trip. Our first. It was only for one night, but I am sure that we packed half of the house. Bouncer. Bumbo. Boppy. Diaper Bag. Endless supply of diapers and wipes. 1/3 of his wardrobe. Bottles. Breast Pump. (Anyone else notice all the things that start with B?) Burp Cloths. Formula. Frank. Taggie Blanket. I'm sure we could have brought much more! The trip went well. Cayden was pretty content...at least until bedtime. He woke up around 2, and decided to hang out with my mom for an hour before going back to sleep. Thanks to both mom and Heath, I got about 5 hours of straight sleep. It was nice.



Here is the little stinker. I think we were trying to get him to take a nap.

Since Thanksgiving is all about the food...we started giving Cayden cereal. We have been putting cereal in his bottles at night before he goes to sleep, but this week we started to thicken it up and use a spoon. The first time he was really unsure. The last few times though he does open his mouth for the spoon, unfortunately he hasn't quite mastered swallowing it once it's in there. I can see why feeding babies food takes forever!




He is getting much better at things. He is a better grabber. He sits assisted really well. He has a new fascination with people's faces. He loves to reach out and touch you, or stick his fingers in your mouth. On a side note: My mother has gone present crazy for Cayden. I'm not really surprised. I, myself, have purchased a gift for Cayden already, and have decided that I don't need or want anything this year. He is gift enough. Cute little thing. I think we'll keep him.



No comments :

Post a Comment