Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! It has been a whirlwind two weeks, and honestly I am a little sad that it is coming to an end. I love this time of year and I love having two weeks off of school! I have had such a wonderful time with Heath and Cayden, and visiting with family and friends. Why can't the whole year be like this!? Brace yourself...there are a ton of pictures!



Every. Single. Year. I beg and plead with Heath to take me to see this lights on the square in Fayetteville. And every year he finds some way to weasel out of it! Not this year mister! I have a kid, and you have to do stuff like this...for this kids, of course! I was a little bummed because my camera was a little blurry, but we at least have two photos of our brief walk around the square. KNWA was filming the five o'clock news, and we stood and watched them for a few minutes.



Cayden and Camilla had a play date earlier this week. Camilla is very advanced, she can sit on her own for quite a spell. Cayden can sit for a few minutes, but usually falls over. In the top picture Camilla is demonstrating what this looks like!


I love these two! I can't wait to watch them grow up together! I know that when summer comes around Kristin and I will have our hands full!



During our two week vacation, Heath was also off of work. It was nice to just be a family together for longer than a weekend! Cayden loves his daddy!







He is such a happy baby! Although this week has been kind of hairy. We think he might be teething. His chewing is getting more intense, and he just acts like he might not feel the greatest! I'm not sure how I know this because most of the time he looks like the picture above!




Cutter and Cayden got to see each other on Christmas day! The last time they met, Cayden was just few days old!


Of course he had to pose in his Christmas gift! Our Christmas this year was a little crazy. We went to my mom's on Friday. We made a trip to Branson to see if there were any deals to be had. Cayden got some stuff, and Daddy got some stuff. Nothing at rock-bottom prices, but we managed to find some goodies. Each year we take a family photo. No one likes this practice, and generally we look a little haggard...but this year was pretty good. Aside from Cayden's homage to LL Cool J (with the sweat pant up one leg) I think our photo was nice. We had planned on spending two nights, but Cayden was not having it. He would not sleep in the pack in play, or even in the bed with us! UGH. So we left late Christmas Eve night, after all the festivities.






He was really good at opening gifts. And he LOVED all the new toys. I guess we've reached the age where he can actually start playing with stuff.



I took this picture because I kept thinking that I didn't have enough "Christmas" picture. At least in this one, the tree is lit up in the background. I guess because this was Cayden's first Christmas everyone was super excited to buy him stuff. He got a lot. I was going to take a picture of it all, but it was kind of obscene. Instead I took pictures of groups of stuff. The last post was about the hats, these next two pictures are about the books and stuffed animals!





Pictured with Cayden: Giant Frank, Brown Bear, a Polar Bear, the cast of Winnie the Pooh, and Mickey. Most of the Disney characters were purchased in Branson on Friday. They were our deal of the day!

Cayden is going to be a reader! Can you tell? He got several books, which we will definitely enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment