Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Florida

Because flying from Brasil wasn't enough of an adventure, we decided to hop on another plane a few weeks after we came back, this time to Florida. It was our first official Family Vacation, and the first time the boys went to the beach. 

We were supposed to stay at a house of a friend of the family, but it wasn't quite what we were expecting. Basically when we went past the gate house, I looked at Heath and said something about seeing this place on an episode of COPS. We stayed one night, and quickly found the Marriott the next morning. It was fabulous. We spent most of our time by the pool, and really, it went better than I expected. I wasn't sure how to work in naps and all of us sleeping in the same room, but we managed, and I can see many more beach trips in our future. 




Thankfully we traveled with our family. If it weren't for those two boys, I just don't think we could have kept up with Cayden. He wanted to be in the pool ALL. Day. And they were more than willing to play with him. I love them!


 They played in the sand for a bit, but they weren't really too enthused.











Beckham and I had a glorious nap one day in the hammock, while the others were kayaking. He was so tired, that he easily went to sleep. 




Because we were all sleeping in the same room. Sleeping was difficult at times. One morning at like 430 Beckham woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. To say I was mad, is an understatement. So I grabbed him, and my shoes, and off we went. We ended up in that same hammock, rocking and watching the sun rise - where he finally fell asleep. In the end, it was a beautiful morning. It's always hard to see that though, in the very wee hours. 

The trip was good, but tiring, as I suppose most family vacations are. I loved traveling with our family though. We will definitely do that again!

No comments :

Post a Comment