Monday, October 14, 2013

25 Things - More or Less

My birthday was yesterday. I'm 32. I told Heath that I really don't feel 32, and that from this point forward I was going to be 27. A year can bring about so many changes and 13 years is like a whirlwind. Heath and I will have been together for 13 years this November. We are different today, than we were then. For the better. Older. Wiser. Better looking. 



We also have two kids. That in and of itself is a miracle. 





So this post was inspired by Kristin, who was inspired by Us Weekly (I think).

25 Things You Might not Know about me!

1. I have a tattoo. I got it when I was 18. It's a tramp stamp. I have never once regretted it. In fact, I would probably have two or three more if Heath liked them as much as I did. 

2. I love pineapple orange juice. I prefer it to any other juice.

3. Jeans are a must have, never without them staple to my wardrobe. I try/do wear them year round. I have never been a dress girl. Or a girly girl.

4. Jewelry makes me uncomfortable. I feel awkward in it, and like every is looking and judging. Therefore, I don't wear it often.

5. When I was 10 I got a Barbie Fashion Designer toy. I loved it. From that point forward my dream was to design clothes. Obviously, that is not what I do now. But that dream manifests itself in other ways. My obsession with Project Runway. I never miss an episode. I also started watching Million Dollar Shoppers. Again, it as to do with fashion and clothes. 

6. I believe I can do anything. Especially when it is related to crafts. I took up knitting. I quilt. I cut giant letters out with a jigsaw. If there were a way to make money doing some of this stuff, I would totally do it. For now, Pinterest is my idea board. I don't think I will ever doubt my ability to do stuff. It's definitely one of my best attributes.

7. Independent. I like knowing that I can do it myself. This can be a problem when I truly need help. I have a hard time asking for help. 

8. Babysitters make me anxious. I have a hard time leaving small children with someone I barely know. We have hardly ever, maybe once, had someone that wasn't family watch our kids. When Cayden was little it made me have panic attacks thinking that he would have to go to daycare. Moving to Brazil - this fear is heightened. I'm sure that we will need a babysitter. I know that the Brazilian culture loves kids. But the whole process freaks me out. 

9. Books. I love them. Can't live without them. I always have three or four on my nightstand. I have a hard time relating to people who don't read. I even had a book blog for a bit. I'm nerdy like that.

10. Water. I will drink a ton of it, as long as I have a straw. The straw is essential. 

11. I have never broken a bone in my body. Ever. However, I have had two kidney stones which I feel makes up for this right of passage.

12. Hate. Snakes. Hate. Hate. Heath ran over one mowing a few weeks ago. I have yet to walk to that side of the yard. 

13. I'm a blog stalker. Big Time. There have been several situations where I have seen the people I blog stalk in public. I'm not star struck, but I think to myself..Wow, I know a lot about you and you have no idea who I am. 

14. I like to be inspired. A lot of my inspiration or desire to be creative comes from some of these blogs. There are people who can just create beautiful things, and it seems so easy. They have families and busy lives and are still able to carve out time to do these things. That inspires me.

15. I read books to better myself. Not because I think I'm a horrible person, but because we can all be better. A better mom, a better wife. I'm reading, "What's it like to be Married to Me?" It's a bible study about putting your husband first. It's definitely eye opening.

16. I find myself praying little prayers all day. To say thanks for Beckham napping longer than 20 minutes, for the beautiful fall weather, for help when I get frustrated and feel like I'm taking it out on the kids. It helps. A lot.

17. I didn't want kids. When Heath and I first got married, and even before I just knew I didn't want kids. I never really babysat, and didn't really like being around the small ones. But things change. God knows what we need, and I needed those boys. I needed to be a stay at home mom. Like I said, a lot can change in 13 years.

18. I've worn the same make-up since high school. Thankfully it's not blue eyeshadow, but still. 

19. I wish I had straight hair. I used to, until puberty. With both pregnancies I was hopeful that the huge increase in hormones would straighten this mess out. But no. 

20. I hate M&M's. Anything that is mostly chocolate. If it has stuff with it like nougat, caramel, etc. I will eat it. 

21. I love the beach. Love. There is not much that can top sitting on the beach with a good book. Before we had kids, I would pack 3 or 4 books to take with me. And actually read them all. 

22. I have had the same best friend all my life. Literally. We met in preschool. She lives on the other side of the US, and now we are moving even further away. Thankfully we have gotten quite good at keep in touch with each other.

So, I made it to 22. I'm sure there is more. Heath said I should mention that I was a yearbook nerd, or that we met working at the bank. All of that is good too. So another year is here and this year of being 32/27 is a big one, full of lots of changes. Who knows what next years 25 things will look like. 

No comments :

Post a Comment