Sunday, March 31, 2013

What? Two Posts in 24 Hours?

I know, right? Are you as shocked as I am? Don't get to used to this. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon once again, but at least I can say, "Remember when I posted twice in 24 hours?"

Today we went to Heath's aunt's house to celebrate Easter. Before we went, I took the proverbial Easter photo on the couch. I'm telling you. If Thanksgiving is for Turkey dinner, and Easter is for ham...We have a big ham in our house. His name is Cayden. 


 See that look? He does this often. He ducks his head down, and peers at you over his nose. Most of the time it doesn't have a smile with it, but lucky us, this one did.
 I think this could be an ad for Easter Peeps. I may feed my kid junk like Chickfila, but one thing he has been sheltered from is candy. An occasional marshmallow here and there, but nothing really to where he recognizes what it is. He was really intrigued with the peeps. Maybe because they were colorful? Once we fed him one though, he knew. He was hooked on their sugary goodness.


 Donald Duck getting a quick snuggle and a rock. Cayden rocked back and forth with him on the couch.

 Who doesn't love a good slide!?

 Cayden was having a great time swinging, until he fell off and hit his head. It was one of those where it sounded really terrible, but turned out just fine. Boys...

 The loot. Of course he needs every single bit of it.

 Remember these balloons? I can remember getting these all of the time. I'm not sure my luck was as bad as Cayden's though. He popped this green one in about 3 minutes.
 Derek was kind enough to give his blue one to Cayden. Literally, 45 seconds later, he popped this one too!

 I've got a golden ticket!! or Egg. Whichever. This find was a little guided, in that out of the picture are Ya-Ya and Aunt Debbie pointing him in the right direction.
 I mentioned before that Cayden isn't too interested in finding eggs. He found two and chucked them to the ground. As a good mom, I followed behind picking up the eggs and putting them with our stuff. I see this same routine with laundry in years to come.

 No, this is not an ad for Garanimals. What's Easter without a pinata? Cayden took a couple of good whacks at it, but then was distracted by other things.

 Once the candy was out, he became fixated on these little eggs. Like I said, he really has no idea what candy is, so he picked them up and hoarded them.





Easter Chick anyone? Debbie has a funny sense of humor. Like we would actually take a chick home. Cayden had the same idea. She tried to get him to pet the chick and he literally came out swinging. Anytime it got near him, he threw a punch or two. No worries. No actual contact was made.

It was a great day. It really crazy to think about how far you come in a year, and what the next year will bring.

No comments :

Post a Comment