Saturday, March 30, 2013

Growing Up!

The past few weeks seemed to have been so busy! Between Spring Break, work, and just being pregnant, I feel like I hardly have any time!

Here is a quick pregnancy update:

Weight Gain: More than I care to mention. I haven't been quite as "aware" of my weight this time around as I was with Cayden. Last time it seemed like I weighed myself at least 3-4 times a week. This time, I have actually gone weeks without stepping on that thing. It's probably not for the better. The very last thing I want to do is make dinner. I really just want to eat sweets, which really isn't like me. I crave everything sweet. Girl Scout cookies. Yup. Popsicles. You betcha. Candy. Cake. Cupcakes. I want it all. 

Feeling: I really feel pretty good, other than it feels like my stomach weighs a ton, and sometimes that feels exhausting. I'm starting to get a little defensive when people ask me my due date because when I tell them, it feels like they are judging me. Example: When I say, "Oh, I'm not due until the end of June." My mind thinks that they are mentally sizing up my belly, and thinking that I am huge! The pregnant brain is a crazy and powerful thing.

Name: Beckham Connor. I probably should do an entire post about his name. It's taken us much longer to decide this time. And by us, I mean me. Heath named Cayden, and wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I joked about how he gave up all rights to naming our second child (Thinking it would be awhile before this point). Well...My turn came. And I felt a lot of pressure to come up with a good one. Not to mention that I had Heath come up with a list, and we didn't see eye-to-eye on any of them. Finally, I saw Beckham, and really liked it. I have no ties to soccer, although I do love Victoria Beckham's tattoos.

Good News: I had my glucose test. Once you have gestational diabetes you have a 40% chance of getting it again. Let's face it. The odds were against me. Between having it once before, and then my family history...It was inevitable... However, I got the all clear signal. Maybe the fact that I can eat sweets is the reason I want them so bad. I'm sure I can blame that darn pregnancy brain.

Okay, on to the more interesting person. Cayden. Boy, is this kid charming? When Heath and I get on to him for various things, he can just look so cute. We often find ourselves saying something like, "If you weren't so cute, you'd be in big trouble." Not that we don't tell him No and such, we do.

We got to spend all of Spring Break together with not much of a plan. My mom came over and stayed for FOUR days! It was great! I'm here to tell you, that boy loves his NeNe. When we are in the car... "NeNe?" When we see a red vehicle, "NeNe?" Although the weather wasn't that cooperative, we still got to get outside and visit the square and other things.


 He loves his shades. And the outdoors. His allergies are terrible. Part of me wants to just keep him indoors, but I know that this is cruel. I'm not sure if you can build up an immunity to allergies, but we just keep going out.

We went to NeNe's house today for a quick day trip. The weather was rainy when we got there, but by the afternoon it was really nice. The fields were green, the cows were grazing. It was perfect.

 We had Cayden practice his egg hunting skills. As long as they are in the open, he's good. You really only have to hide a few because once he finds one or two, he just throws them around like tiny footballs, and he's done. It will be interesting to see how this goes tomorrow.



 The weather was so nice, his belly wanted a first hand experience of the sun! I have no idea why he showed us his stomach.

 Cayden loves dogs. He's never really been up close and personal with one. Socks was more than willing to give him that experience.

 Photo opportunity by the flowering bushes. Check.

Not only did he enjoy running wild. He took a ride on the four-wheeler and swung in the hammock. He loved that hammock.

Quick Cayden Update: The past two weeks he has probably doubled his vocabulary. Is it all plain and clear? No. But he is trying, and for the most part we can decipher what they are.

New Words: Park, Cat, Dog, Biscuit, Bye-Bye, Night Night, Nick.

He can also identify all the letters in his name, and most of the alphabet. His favorite number is 8, although he can identify 1-8.


No comments :

Post a Comment