Sunday, November 25, 2012

Quick Update


There isn't too much to report from the home front this week. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family, which meant we had to stay overnight. In the past this has usually gone terribly wrong. Cayden refusing to sleep in his pack n play; Heath and I accepting defeat and driving home at midnight. Surely this time would be better....

It was..kind of. He did okay at first, but at 10:45 he woke up crying and just wouldn't calm down. I think he knew he wasn't in his own bed. By the time I got back, Cayden asleep on Heath, who was sitting on the couch. Once I returned I put him in bed with me, and Heath was left on the couch. Cayden slept until 6:24. Where was I during all of this? Well, I got the grand idea to hit Branson for early Black Friday shopping. In some ways it was a waste, in others it wasn't. It was just my mom and I, so that was a fun adventure for us!

We are starting to gear up for the holidays around here. Starting with Christmas cards. We are notorious for sending them out at the last minute. It's always my fault because I wait until the last minute to take pictures. Not this year! I just ordered our cards! Woo Hoo! While I understand there is really no way to top last year's card (it was fantastic), I took pictures knowing that this one would be good too.



Here is a sample of what we were going for this year. I love my camera 99% of the time. But every now and then I wish for something a little more on the professional side.


On a different note, I failed to mention one of Cayden's obsessions. It's hard for me to call it an obsession, but he is completely mesmerized by the Heidi Klum Jordache commercial for WalMart. You know the one where she dances. I'm not sure what it is about that commercial - is it her? is it the dancing? the jeans? Who knows, but for a kid who hardly looks at the TV for longer than a moment, he is transfixed by this. I think inside Heath is doing a "My kid is a stud" dance, at least until his son screams at the top of his lungs at the pink bikes in Walmart...yeah, that happened.


No comments :

Post a Comment