Sunday, October 16, 2011

Three Months

Someone turned three months old on Friday! And someone else turned 30 on Thursday! We celebrated today by having an all day photo session. At least it seemed that way because Cayden was on FIRE with cute poses. It's hard for me not to want to take his picture all the time, and then when he is cooperating on top of it all...It was a great day!


Here we are! The birthday pair! Of course he won't look up at the camera when you want him to.


This week, I feel like a lot has happened. Unpacking boxes...not so much. But watching Cayden get stronger and learn new moves has been very exciting! Heath put together his jumperoo yesterday and Cayden loves it! His teeny tiny toes barely touch the ground, but every now and then he gets a good jump in. I know it will be one of his favorites!


My mom came into town on Friday night to watch Cayden while we went to dinner. It was nice to get away for a few hours! Dinner was a blast, and reminded me a little of my former, pre-baby self. I even, gasp, had a glass of wine~ Cayden had his first "stranger" cry. My mom got here, and went to hold him...Cayden's bottom lip puckered out, and he started crying. It was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. He warmed up to her later, but I think she was a little heartbroken at first.

On Saturday we fought the crowds at the Crap (Craft) Fairs at the JQ Hammonds Center. Let me just say that God knew what he was doing when he gave me a boy. I would be so poor if I had a girl. Craft fairs are generally geared towards girls...lucky me, and my wallet. We did find a few finds while there. The frog in the picture, we named him Frank, is a new friend. Cayden really likes him. Likes to hold him, chew him, slobber him...


The weather was really nice today, and I wanted to get Cayden out of the house while the sun was shining! He is starting to grow into his sunglasses!




Flash forward 80 years, and this is Cayden sitting in Boca Raton, FL, in a retirement community.


One of the things he is doing really well this week is holding his head up. Tummy time is paying off!! He can stay like this for several minutes. I know I am biased but we pretty much have the cutest baby EVER.



Here is last month's picture.


And here we are at 3 months. Notice Frank? I was snapping away, Cayden was laughing, and then all of a sudden he saw Frank. It's like he already knows who he is.

He is growing so fast. I said last week that he is really close to rolling over, and he is. Any time we are on the floor, I have the video camera ready. His head control is awesome, and everyday I ask him to say Momma. He has yet to comply. He does; however, say "mom" when he is crying. At this point, I'll take it! When he grabs at stuff, it immediately goes into his mouth. Everything is covered in baby drool. We are still having trouble napping during the day. Sleeping at night has become an interesting routine, for him. He usually is down around 8, and then sleeps til about 1 or 2. He wakes, eats, and is back down. Nice, right? It's at this point that he decides he wants to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours. We aren't sure if he just isn't eating enough during the day or what, so we caved and gave him rice cereal last night. It didn't change his routine. We will try it for a few more days, and see what happens.





Cayden Bug~


You are the greatest gift we have ever known. It's amazing to me how much our whole world changed, and how we wouldn't give it up for anything. I love watching your many faces, and wondering what you are thinking. We look at you and just hope that you love us just a smidgen of how much we love you. We love watching you grow and learn new things. Standing on our laps is your new favorite past time, and when you do you smile, laugh and look at us, and I fall in love over and over again. I can't wait to see what the next month holds for the three of us. Thank you for being our little man!


Love, Mom and Dad


No comments :

Post a Comment