Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Necessary Items to Bring Back from the States

Sleeping kids are cute, right? So peaceful. And quiet. This post has nothing to do with sleeping kids, but a post with no pictures would be kind of boring. 





This post is really about stuff I want to bring back to Brasil when we visit the US for the summer. We can get stuff  here, don't get me wrong, but items are limited, some are nonexistent, and others are just a poor substitute. Our lists are usually long, and full of random, but "necessary" items.

For example:

Deodorant (they have roll on kind her - ew.)
Dish Soap
Coffee (Cappuccino K-cups)
Fruit Snacks
Instant Oatmeal
Chocolate Chips
Pancake Mix (I saw a box for 12 dollars at the store!)
Syrup
Mac N Cheese
Brownie Mix
Enchalada Sauce
Tortillas (I'm not below bringing these in my suitcase)
Clothes for the kids (We are kidding when say it's expensive. The GAP here is about 25% above US prices)
Medicine like Tylenol, Advil, Allergy meds, etc.
Lucky Charms (for the kids...) 

Things I WISH I could bring, but would probably be arrested for lying on those four questions they ask you at immigration. 

* Sausage (It's definitely not the same here)
* Cheese
* Sour Cream
* Five Guys Hamburgers,...Just kidding. (not really). This is seriously the ONE thing I crave, a lot. A nice, juicy American hamburger. 


Could we live without some of these? Sure. Would I probably lose weight if I didn't bring this stuff back? Maybe. But there is nothing like warm chocolate chip cookies out of the oven to make it seem a little more like home, you know?





No comments :

Post a Comment