Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Blog Post Catch Up!

Now that I've finished my birthday update, I can get to all the other things that have been happening! After the 14th, the summer was quickly flying past me, so we tried to make the best of it! I was crazy, and took Cayden to Silver Dollar City in a super-fast drive there, play, and drive back sort-of-way. 


Once I finally took the decorations down, I let Cayden rip and tear them up!
 I thought that taking Cayden to the Midnight Madness would be a lot cooler. I was wrong. It was a million degrees, and Cayden was flushed by the time we walked from the parking lot to the ticket counter. And we parked close. I was dying. I hate hot weather. My body hates it. My maroon face, and seizing lungs also hate it. As soon as we got in, Cayden got some ice water, and we went straight for the splash park to cool off.
He loved it!


 At one point he was busy trying to figure out what was in the holes that covered the ground and water came out and popped him right in the face. He blinked and went on with his discovery mission.


 After changing clothes and eating dinner, we went to find some rides that he could actually ride. We came upon this sprinkler, and he bounced out of my arms and walked right into it. No fear, this kid.

 Everyone around him thought he was hilarious. We didn't stay too much longer, but we found two rides he could ride. He was indifferent. He didn't squeal with excitement or get scared, he just rode. And that was it. I was exhausted, with a major headache, and he needed to go to bed.

 Cayden has some new quirks. He gave up baby food cold. turkey. One day it was good, the next day it wasn't. So now I am faced with the task of trying to figure out what the heck to feed him. He's not really picky. He likes fruit, and samiches, and anything with marinara sauce. It just seems so stressful to plan dinners, and lunches, and breakfast. Ugh.

That's a green bean.
 In a last ditch effort, Kristin and I tried to schedule as many play dates as we could. Even if it was just a trip to the park, or hanging out at the house. They really do like being together.

 It can get a little "handsy" with these two. Always touching, sometimes pulling hair, sometimes biting.

 Cayden likes laundry. He likes to pull out unmentionables and carry them around the house. He likes to wipe the floor with wash rags. He likes to get in the basket and lay there. The first time he did this, he was in there for at least 10 minutes. In baby toddler world, it's quite a long time.



No comments :

Post a Comment